Come and visit as often as you like!
Message from Melissa Bee
Melissa Bee is leaving B Kids! She is a VERY long lived queen – 16 years a queen bee
but now she is being superseded. She will miss you all!
Keep on reading B Kids and ENJOY YOUR BEEKEEPING!
Most important October jobs –
- Get an adult to heft the hive – it should be REALLY heavy!
- Weigh down roof with one or two bricks, strap poly hives.
- Raise rear of hive to make sure it slopes gently forwards (so that rain will run off).
- Reduce size of hive entrance and fit mouseguard (keep clearing dead bees from inside the mouseguard).
- Watch out for woodpecker damage (encase hive in chicken wire if woodpeckers are about).
- Keep a stock of fondant. It shouldn’t be necessary right now but later you will need it!
- Enter your best honey in a honey show competition!
Krsna is writing up his Beekeeping Diary for B Kids in 2018.
Click here to read his monthly entries.
Click here for ASIAN HORNET WATCH!
New Monitoring Trap instructions
|Click here for a New Book Review
“BUSY BEE & THE ENDANGERED MEADOW”
|Click here for October’s
open til 1st November 2018
5 prizes available.
Fresh Jigsaw – “What a wonderful display”
Click here for a method of making a Monitoring Trap
If you think you have seen one, either an Asian hornet or a nest, contact this email address: email@example.com or visit the Biological Records Centre website